Saturday, June 26, 2010

What up....

Fans, lovers/haters and most of all, people who think they know a little basketball. First off, I'd like people to know that this blog will somehow try to combine the passion and curiosity of a casual fan while still digging into the depths of the deep, dark NBA.
I've been thinking about doing this whole NBA blog thing for a couple weeks. Mostly because of the NBA finals. I mean, how many times do I have to make a decent basketball observation, just for someone to comment back "KOBE SUCKS!" Hmmm....ok. Kobe sucks then. Bye.
The point is, we all have our allegiances; teams, players, cheerleaders, us fans have biases which are sitting in the back of our minds making us hate Anderson Varejao.
Personally, there are a few guys I can't stand, Varejao, Kevin Martin, Shawn Marion and Peyton Manning being among those, but at the same time, as someone who does thoroughly enjoy the game, their are facets of these guys skill sets that I have to admire. Ya Varejao flops a lot and I'm so tired of hearing "He just provides great energy off the bench!!!!" Ya, great I know, but I don't want to hear the word energy 12.5 more times than normal every time AV goes in. Ya dig? Martin (he will never be the sweet, lovable, model citizen we all call K-Mart. That's Kenyon's title), he just annoys me. His shot, his hair, the way he looks. I just don't like him. But damn he can score the ball!
The point being is, my blog will be looking at basketball from somewhat of a different view. When I show my biases they will be heavy and profanity laden. Mostly, I just want people to understand what the hell is going on. There are only a handful of people that I have met and that I'm close with that are as into basketball as I am. Actually, there's three: My friend Robert from high school. We went through a T-Mac phase, watched many lotteries and drafts together and still have the same love for Ndudi Ebi as before. Jamie, a former co worker of mine knows much more than I do. I mean, he can recite drafts, FULL DRAFTS! He knows who God Shamgod is! Do you? No, you don't, now look him up and come back one step closet to our level. The last guy was a bartender here in the Tri-Cities. He's just sports savvy, but his basketball analysis were great the one time I talked to him.
So there you have it. It's all basketball in here. Feel free to comment or email me any time. I feel my amazing opinion should be heard by all. LATER!
Custom Search