Thursday, July 8, 2010

LeBron needs to STOP

There are a few things out there that I think should be cleared up, by me of course, because I know everything.

1) Is LeBron signing with MIA: The answer is, who knows and I really don't care. We'll all find out tonight. If he does, fine. If he doesn't then it was all conjecture and hype by his circle of minions that do his bidding. It would not surprise me at this point if they did just make up a whole bunch of rumors to add more attention to tonight's show. What a joke.

2) Can the Heat win a title with Bosh, Bron and BDwyane BWade? Not this year. I mean, I'm not sure yet. I'm assuming that they fill out their roster with Marcus Haislip, Steven Hunter, Kenny Thomas, Maurice Ager, Ronald McDonald, Cookie Monster and somehow Drew Gooden since he always finds his way to a team in need. Point being that the Heat will have nothing besides those three. I mean, we're talking 40+ minutes per game for probably 100 games. You can't put that type of pressure on these guys. What has won championships has been the role players. Fisher, Horry, House, Posey, RICK FOX! haha, those guys surround great players and add so much to a team. There's a reason they get big contracts later on. The Heat can not afford these types of players. 45 wins would be a good mark for this squad.

3) LeBron is just a jerk. I love to watch him on the court (most of the time) and I love the fact that he can go all out and completely dominate. What I am now sick of is the fact that he is turning the NBA into "The LeBron Show." He and his friends have been manipulating the spotlight all offseason and his reputation has taken a hit. Look at Kevin Durant, quietly signing an extension with the Thunder. Yet, LeBron needs a full hour on ESPN to announce his intention of signing a piece of paper. Really? Yeah, we want to know who he signs with, but why can't he just do it? Jordan, Russell, Durant, Kobe even Shaq didn't have this ridiculous, "let's make people come to us and set up all these fancy meetings." Uggghhh. This is just frustrating. The NBA is just not about basketball anymore, especially when you have it's "best player" acting like this. The one thing LeBron has going for him is that he has not gotten into any trouble with the law. He has been a model citizen and I have a lot of respect for that. Hopefully he keeps it up.
Custom Search