Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Switching Flows

Alright, so this has been primarily a basketball blog, but no more! I have an opinion on some things football so I'm going to get involved. With the season now officially underway, I feel that I have to throw out some last minute predictions and opinions, just to piss people off. Then I was like, "wait, why don't I just ask my friends to think of ridiculous things to say so that I can dispute everything?" Well that is exactly what I intend to do as I present to you, the

BJONES AND LUCAS FOOTBALL EXTRAVAGANZA .com

LUCAS' 5 THINGS HE'S LOOKING FORWARD TO:
1. The Pats will be back. Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Wes Welker, you know the names.

NOTHING TO SEE HERE. JUST VERNON DAVIS BEING HUGE
Bjones: Oooooohhhh yeah! I like this one. Tom Brady is a great quarterback and when you practice like a champion, you play like a champion. Brady is going to be an MVP candidate. Wes Welker was injured last year, so what? He's Wes Welker and he's a beast, give him the ball. Let's not forget Randy "Ya I Smoke Weed" Moss. The Boss is going to have a solid season catchin' footballs because it's a contract year and he wants to get that paper!

2. Adrian Peterson WILL still fumble at least 15 times. Watch.

Bjones: Oh God yes....He does that...

3. Chad Ochocinco and TO on the Bengals. I hope that something ridiculous happens with those two. They get pissed at each other because TO calls 85 a bitch for having a worse touchdown celebration. Or TO changes his name to "Ochouno."

Bjones: No way dude, they coexist in harmony, but they're going to have a bad season, Carson Palmer is going to get pissed, people are going to get tired of 85s antics and TO will have to ride off into the sunset. A failed experiment. 

4. Hopefully at least one of these teams will have a decent season for the first time in years: Lions, Browns, Rams, NOT THE SEAHAWKS, Redskins, 49ers. The Texans ought to make the playoffs this year.

Bjones: I have no beef with the Seahawks, just their fans. Until their fans quit talking the Seahawks into the Super Bowl before preseason starts, I will never support them. I do hope the Lions are good, and the Niners. I like Alex Smith, Crabtree is legit, P. Willis is going to be the best linebacker in the league and Vernon Davis is the most intense physical specimen on the planet.
5. Ben Roethlisberger coming back from his suspension. He'll likely celebrate his first win as a starter in week 5 or 6 by heading out to a bar, getting wasted, beating the shit out of some chick, crash his motorcycle, lose some teeth and an arm, go to jail, and get suspended again. But he has two rings...so it's cool.

Bjones: Exactly

Other Predictions

Richard Garza

1) The Saints will not make the playoffs

Bjones: I really don't get this, but I guess people have this thing about Super Bowl hangovers. Maybe Tricky Dick is basing this prediction solely off the Madden Curse???? I mean if Brees goes down, the Saints go down. How realistic is this prediction? I give it a thumbs up with %52. Not too weak, not outrageous.

2) The Packers will get scored on as much, if not more, than they score. 

Bjones: Ummmm....so they're not good is what you're saying? I don't know what this means. You sound like John Madden. Prediction Rating - D+

3) This is the year the Texans finally overtake the Colts.
Bjones: Hey, this isn't bad. The Texans are a good team, but I think we tend to overlook the Colts because of how boring they are. We never want them to do well because they are soooooo boring. They have no cool players, their uniforms suck and they're just annoying. What does Peyton Manning even spend his money on? Probably clothes at JCPenney. I dislike the Colts. Prediction Rating - B

Anthony Scales

1) The Lions win 7 games!

Bjones: People seem to like the Lions, not to win it all, but they just like them. I do too, they're only going to win 5 games though.

2) Brett Favre will not make it the whole season.

Bjones: Ya, I think this is probably true. Who knows though, nobody is allowed to hit the quarterback anymore.

3)   Green Bay and Baltimore in the Super Bowl.
Bjones: I'd love to see Ed Reed and Ray Lewis back in the Super Bowl. I think expectations are too high for the Pack this year. Someone is going to get hurt and all kinds of wacka flocka
Custom Search