Thursday, September 9, 2010

First Game Prediction! A lil late!

Predictions!

They're just dandy. Since it's the first NFL game of the season, I figured, what the hell, let's say a lil something.

LUCAS:

It's time for some football, folks. You know how we can be sure about that? Old Spice is using Ray Lewis in their commercials now. And thanks to money, we get to watch a rematch of the NFC Championship Game! The defending champs: New Orleans Saints look to break that curse of Superbowl defending flops. However, after waiting all year to see if Brett Favre is going to be playing again, we finally get to see him with his dangerous Vikings team again. I think..unless he retires in the next 30 minutes...

Drew Brees had a monster year, so he's looking to top his stats once more, and put another Lombardi in the trophy case. His birthmark will also be making an appearance in today's game. Reggie Bush may not have his Heisman much longer, but who cares anymore?? That was forever ago. He has a ring. Shut up and watch the damn game. I'd also like to mention my fantasy DE, Will "Smoove Skrempf Smiff" Smith, who I'm hoping gets a few sacks here and there. But I think ol' Brett will still have a decent year, with plenty of options to go to, in the air or on the ground. Adrian Peterson, hold on to that ball. No more "Uh oh, I'm heading for a maze of 7 defenders! Better hold on to the tip of the ball and hold it 4 feet away from my body, while waving my arms like a Raven (RAY LEWIS!!!!!).
I'm going to say it's gonna be an offensive game, but there will be some good defensive plays by the Saints.
I say the Saints win 35-27.

BJONES: I don't get it! People, all of a sudden, are writing the Saints off! Seriously? Did something happen between the Super Bowl and today that made the Saints a 7-9 team? I see no reason why they shouldn't be one of the top three teams in the NFL this year. Drew Brees and Sean Peyton both have great minds as far as offense goes. Their defense can hold it down, especially knowing they have Brees & co. putting up points. 14 wins in a row, a Super Bowl win and they still have New Orleans to play for. Tonight, a beat up Favre, a sad recieving core and a good defense will not stop the champs.

Prediction: Saints win 38-17
Custom Search